Thursday 3 June 2010

Tomorrow = Hungary

I'm going to teach two sashiko classes in Mikolsc, organised by Ildiko Polyak, the events organiser of the Hungarian Patchwork Guild. We are doing the Introduction to Shonai Sashiko workshop on Saturday and a half day workshop on marking and stitching kamon crests on Sunday. "The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook" was translated into Hungarian and I will be taking a copy with me - perhaps I might learn some Hungarian too!

Many quilters will immediately think of Hungary's own beautiful blue and white textile tradition of Kekfesto cotton. I am hoping to go to Szentendre on Monday morning, to the Kovak family's shop, but I'll have to see how it works out. If I don't manage to visit, I will be adding to my Kekfesto stash at Festival of Quilts, where Kekfesto Cotton (Gilly Thomson) will have another gorgeous selection of these collectable prints.

No comments: