Monday 18 June 2018

The National Quilt Championships at Sandown Park - next weekend


It's hard to believe but it is six years since I went to the National Quilt Championships at Sandown Park - the photo above is from 2012.  This time, we are trading as well as me demoing (sashiko and kogin this time), plus I am running my popular mini boro bag workshop at 11.30 a.m. (details on the website link above).  Here are a few photos of Fiona's version of the mini boro bag plus pics from when I ran the workshop at the Spring Quilt Festival at Edinburgh earlier this year.  It has sold out quickly at the shows, so get your tickets as soon as you arrive.







The reason I haven't been back for such a long time is purely down to logistics.  Since I moved to Scotland, I'm nearly two and a half times further away from Esher than when I lived near Wrexham so, like most of the shows in England, it is a much bigger trip for me.  But I missed doing this show, which always has a fun atmosphere and where I met up with a lot of quilters I know from the south east.  It has taken a lot of planning to do it, but I'll be there setting up on Thursday and the show is open from Friday to Sunday.  Please drop by and say hello!


No comments: