Wednesday 6 November 2019

Exploring Boro at Greenbank Gardens


Last Saturday, I had a creative day with Renfrewshire Embroiderers' Guild, when we 'Explored Japanese Boro' with new versions of my Mt Fuji boro inspired picture in the morning.  After lunch, some group members got started with a boro bag panel, but for others, the picture had grown a bit bigger! There was some great use of fabric scraps with various colours and textures, with views of Mt Fuji (and maybe a few other moutains) in various seasons, weathers and times of day.  There's a lot more stitching to be added to all these panels, and I'm looking forward to seeing photos of some of the finished works.


This longer panel, which is going to become a bag, reminds me of glimpsing Mt Fuji in the far distance when flying into Narita airport!
 
 

Greenbank Gardens is not far from Glasgow and is the site of a neo classical mansion.  I didn't get to see the actual gardens and it was quite a damp and soggy day.


We were in the cosy and comfortable Coach House, to the right of the mansion in this panorama. I'd like to visit again, at a time of year when the gardens would be full of flowers.





No comments: