Friday 18 September 2020

New QH sashiko panels in stock online


These are some of the gorgeous new panels that arrived this week from QH Textiles. They are designed by Hitomi Fujita and printed in Japan. Now listed in my online shop, click each photo to go to the individual panel listing for more info. They have been selling like hot cakes ('Maiko Bloom' has just sold out) and I hope to be able to get more, but I'm not 100% sure how much the manufacturers have in stock now - I've just heard that they wouldn't be able to get any more of the 'Season's Greetings' panels to me in time for Christmas this year, once I sell out of these.

I'm planning to stitch the green version of the lovely 'Season's Greetings' panel for myself. Although Christmas is not the major midwinter holiday in Japan that it is in many other countries - the big Japanese holiday is New Year - it is celebrated by many people and there are amazing Christmas decorations all over the place, especially in shopping malls.






 
The 'Wagara' ('Japanese') panel below has a LOT of stitching in it, and could be made up into a lot of Christmas presents - if you can bear to give it away. I love the way the designer has floated various family crests over geometric backgrounds for the 10in squares, and the other panels would make great 'stand alone' designs too.

The next set of panels are smaller 12in (30cm) approx 'hanafukin' size, printed on 'greige' (natural unbleached) Sarashi cotton. Designed by Ky Fujita and only just released. I want to stitch the Art Nouveau 'Purity' lily panel with bright orange for the lilies though, to look like the wild flower lilies on Mount Chokai!







No comments: