Wednesday 26 December 2007

"Japanese Sashiko Inspirations" - advance copy


Out of the blue, my advance copy arrived just in time for Christmas! I'm very happy with the overall design of the book - Cheryl, Beth, Martin and the team at David & Charles have done another stunning job. I'm sure you will find it an invaluable treasury of design inspirations. It will be available from my website http://www.susanbriscoe.co.uk/ from late February onwards. Like my first sashiko book, it is paperback and will be £15.99.

The other surprise was this - "The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook" in Chinese! So far I have only seen the cover. It is so exciting to see the book translated into such a widely spoken language. I've tried Google translating it and tried working out the meanings of the individual characters - the sense seems to be something like "feel the breeze of hand embroidery stab stitch". If you can translate Chinese, please give me a better translation!


No comments: