Monday 2 March 2009

Kasuri Sampler at the 3rd Prague Patchwork Meeting


My Kasuri Sampler will be going off on a journey in a few weeks, to the 3rd Prague Patchwork Meeting - click the link for show info. I am going to attend the 4th meeting next year, where I will be teaching sashiko. Jana Lalova, who has translated "The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook" into Czech, invited me to teach there and I'm really looking forward to it.

We discussed sending one of my quilts for this year's show, as a kind of advance view for next year, and I thought the Kasuri Sampler, from "Japanese Quilt Blocks to Mix and Match", would be ideal. It has already been shown several times in the UK - as part of Quilts UK in 2007, where it won a Judges Merit ribbon, and it toured the Grosvenor Autumn Quilt Festivals with other quilts from "Japanese Quilt Blocks..."

1 comment:

rupr said...

I amgoing to 3rd Prague Patchwork Meeting and I look forward to see your Kasuri Sampler.