Saturday 29 August 2009

Gresford fete on Monday and Great Northern Quilt Show next weekend...


As one event finishes, the next is always on the horizon!

The Gresford Trust is holding it's 60th Anniversary fete on Monday August 31st - details here and directions to the hall. I will be there doing a book signing session (I think I am going to be in the sports hall, in the opposite corner to the refreshments, but they were still sorting it out on Tuesday), plus I will have my kits and patterns for sale, and the Denman Kannon on display.

The Great Northern Quilt Show starts next Friday! It is on the showground at Harrogate - easy access and free parking, everything on one level (not the International Halls in the middle of Harrogate!) I am demonstrating and teaching, plus I will also have the trading stock there - Japanese silk, wool and cotton kimono fabrics, and the vintage wool kimono. If you missed getting a wool kimono at Festival of Quilts and would like one, this is your chance. I had some extra stock at home before Festival, but just couldn't fit any more in the car.

As this show is also a needlecraft show, I am going to take my needlepoint and cross stitch charts too - all on special offer prices! So if you would like any of the designs below, either see me at the show or contact me via my website (I am going to add these patterns to the website soon). They are all suitable for either needlepoint or cross stitch (although I wouldn't recommend doing the chair seat in cross stitch - it wouldn't wear very well) and are full colour charts, laser printed from my hand coloured originals (these pre-date computer cross stitch programmes). I had these charts for sale in my eBay shop until recently, but I decided to close the shop as eBay increased listing costs (and their forthcoming insistence on sellers offering a free postage option on books!) were making it uneconomical.





No comments: