Friday 13 November 2009

A sashiko sampler


This sampler was made by Vivien Finch, who attended one of my Introduction to Shonai Sashiko workshops a while ago. She very kindly sent me the photo. It just goes to show what you can do with even the smallest sized samples of sashiko. The way she has arranged it, using a Japanese print fabric for the sashing and borders, is very much the kind of thing that my sashiko teacher, Chie Ikeda, and Peaceful Heart Quilt Group's leader, Reiko Domon, would do to show off a nice collection of samples like these.

Vivien wrote "As you can see, I kept on going and added to the little squares we did in class. I am now quite hooked!" Well, sashiko is just a bit addicitive...

Lovely!

1 comment:

Lis Harwood said...

Wow, congratulations to Vivien (and you for your teaching) this is a beautiful sampler and something I aspire to. I agree, it's addictive :)