Monday 23 August 2010

Mystery orders...

More to come from Festival of Quilts over the next few days but, in the meantime, the issue of mystery orders has popped up again!

The table runner project from my forthcoming book, "Japanese Taupe Quilt Blocks", has been featured in Popular Patchwork's summer bookazine, "Home Accessories". We have added details of my reader offer, which is free P & P (second class) until 31 December 2011 - I have decided this offer will be available on all orders until that date, including those with the "official" order form produced by the publishers, A & C Black.

I expect the books to be in stock around 14th September, so if you want to try one of the projects ahead of that, get a copy of "Home Accessories". The table runner is a beautiful project for the autumn.

Today, I had my first mystery order for the book - an unsigned cheque, no mention of the item ordered other than the cheque is for the same amount as the book price (£14.99), an address but no phone number. I've tried tracing the phone no. but it seems to be ex directory. So if anyone knows a Mrs I Boney in Paisley, can you ask her to get in touch? I really can't afford to start getting into lengthy postal correspondence over orders, especially when I'm already absorbing the item postage costs!

No comments: