Monday 20 September 2010

Crafts for All at Bristol - STOP PRESS!


I've just been arrranging to demo Yuza sashiko at Crafts for All at Bristol on Sunday October 3rd. As I'm teaching in Harrogate midweek before that, doing the whole show wasn't really a possibility, so Sunday it is. Click the link to go to their website for all the details.

With any luck, the new "Japanese Taupe Quilt Blocks" book may arrive just in time for the show - I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I will be running an all day sit and stitch demo and workshop with the help of Clare Smith, one of the sashiko students I've taught at Denman several times. The stitch we will be offering is kusazashi (grass stitch), the same one the Yuza Sashiko quilters taught at the Great Northern Quilt Show a few weeks ago. As before, it will be a case of sit down and have a go! Materials and a worksheet to take home will cost just £1.


There will also be some space for me to display a few of my larger sashiko pieces, like the Denman Kannon. The photo below shows it at Quilts UK, Malvern, last May, when it won the handquilting award.

No comments: