Monday 6 September 2010

Great Northern Quilt Show and Japanese Quilters

A very Very quick post today from the foyer at the Mariott County hotel in Durham (no, I'm not staying there, the Yuza Sashiko quilters are).

Reiko Domon won second prize in the Theme Category at the Great Northern Quilt Show - photos will follow when I'm at my own computer.

Their sashiko demo was really popular - I've learnt a new stitch too!

Important news - we still have some copies of their sashiko books left. If you would like one, please e mail me as soon as possible via the link on my website and send a cheque made out to Susan Briscoe using the order form on my website. The books cost £16 for the first one and £18 for the second. Please see my book review of these marvellous sashiko books for more info and pictures. We only have a few copies left but my friends would (obviously) prefer to sell them so they can get more fabric and souvenirs in their luggage (plus I have some English books to give them, so we really need the space!) Postage for one book will be £2, for two £3, first class in padded envelopes. I need to know by Thursday at the latest, but I won't be able to reply to e mails until tomorrow night - when I'll be posting those photos...

I won two Judges Merits in the theme category - pics of those too, plus the Judges Choice I selected (which if fabulous).

We also have some sashiko thread and fabric left - fabric is the dark blue indigo at £8 per metre and the thread is £5 for 350 metres. I can also send these by mail order.

Off to see Durham Cathedral and Beamish now!

No comments: