Sunday 15 May 2011

Books at Quilts UK


There's only so many books I can fit in my car at one time, so for Quilts UK I have prioritised the following titles -

'Japanese Quilt Inspirations' £15.99 - new out
'Japanese Taupe Quilt Blocks' £14.99 - published October 2010
'130 Little Quilt Blocks' £10.99 - published February 2011

I have reasonable numbers of all these new books.

'The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook' £15.99 - the D & C published sashiko classic has just been reprinted.
'Compendium of Quilting Techniques' £12.99 - this quilter's reference book has been so popular, I made sure I had some in stock for this show.
'Fabulous Fat Quarter Bags' £12.99 - the most recent bag book, now in paperback.
'Japanese Quilt Blocks to Mix and Match' £14.99 - blocks are the same 9in size as those in 'Japanese Taupe Quilt Blocks', so can be mixed and matched between the two books.

I've got around a dozen of each of these too.

'Japanese Sashiko Inspirations' £15.99 - I am also offering a show special on this book. Buy it with either 'Japanese Quilt Inspirations' or 'The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook' and get both books for just £28, saving £3.98. While stocks last!


There are just a few copies of '21 Terrific Patchwork Bags' and '21 Sensational Patchwork Bags', as I needed the loading space for all the other titles.

The more books I have in print, the harder it becomes to predict which book will be most popular at a show - I sold out of 'Japanese Taupe Quilt Blocks' (all 25 copies I'd brought) on the first day at Edinburgh in February 2011. Once I sell out of any title, I'll be taking orders for sending out the following week.

I also have a handful of panels for the Furoshiki quilt centre (these can be ordered through Gary at kyotocollection on eBay) - the rabbits in the moon design - and twenty one Koi panels, as used for the 'Hanui' quilt from 'Japanese Quilt Inspirations' (below).


As usual, there will be lots of lovely Japanese fabrics, plus a rail of kimono, although I've had to buy a slightly shorter rail than the one I took to Festival of Quilts last year, in order to fit everything onto the stand!

No comments: