Tuesday 10 May 2011

Quilts UK (Malvern) coming up!


Quilts UK, one of the UK's two largest quilt shows, runs from Thursday 19th to Sunday 22nd May. I will be in my usual spot in the Marquee. I will be taking the all three of my latest books - 'Japanese Taupe Quilt Blocks', '130 Little Quilt Blocks' and 'Japanese Quilt Inspirations - plus as much gorgeous Japanese fabric and vintage kimono as I can fit in my car. The photo above shows me with some of the BQL (British Quilters' List) gang last year.

I will include some recycled Japanese cottons - there's some in the centre front box in the photo below. Earlier this afternoon, I got them out of the workroom storage stash. I sell these by weight (£5 per 100g, which works out as quite a lot of yardage). Great for projects where the soft appearance of old fabric is needed and many are good for sashiko. There are some very deep indigo cotton linings in this batch, almost glossy with the depth of dye.

1 comment:

Jane in Cumbria said...

I am hoping to go to Malvern Friday or Saturday - shall have to try and find you...!
Jane