Thursday 3 July 2014

My advance copy should be arriving soon...


I heard yesterday that an advance copy had arrived at the museum and my editor tells me that mine should be arriving today or tomorrow.  I can't wait to see it!

Although the official publication date isn't until later in August, the book will be available at the Festival of Quilts (7th - 10th August) at the NEC, from The Quilters' Guild of the British Isles.  From all the buzz about it, I think there may be a big demand at the Festival! I hope they don't run out... You can guarantee getting your copy as early as possible by pre-ordering from The Guild, who are offering an early bird discount so the book costs just £17.99 (rrp £19.99).  It is a 144-page book too - I just couldn't fit everything into the usual 128 pages!  Their online shop at the Quilt Museum also has lots of lovely 1718 themed gifts and souvenirs, so why not treat yourself to a few other goodies? Everything sold there helps to support the Museum and the Guild.

One of the reasons I've written this book is to help raise funds for the Guild's charitable aims, which includes running the Quilt Museum and maintaining the biggest collection of British patchworks, quilts and coverlets in the British Isles - you can browse the collection here. So although I had a small advance for the book - quilt author's don't get BIG advances! - the royalties will be going to the Guild.  But if you order from the Museum, not only will you be one of the first to get your copy, but the Guild will also benefit from the bookseller's discount as well as the royalties (the bookseller's discount is worth at least 40% of the cover price whereas the royalties are usually 10% of publisher's receipts) so the Guild will benefit from your purchase even more.  I will have some copies for sale at other events, like the Scottish Quilt Championships in September, and of course you can buy online anytime, but I would like my readers to give the sales a big boost at the start by ordering their copy from the Guild.

Bring your book to my stand C43 at Festival of Quilts and I can sign it for you.

I'm really pleased with this book.  At 144 pages, it is the longest book I've written and is packed with everything you need to know to make your own version of the coverlet.  The photos are just amazing - we can see the coverlet in more detail than ever before, enabling me to draw the most accurate template set yet.  Now I'm waiting for our postman...

1 comment:

antique quilter said...

so exciting I know I would love to add this book to my library!
congrats.
kathie