Wednesday 1 July 2015

Rhona's Fanoe quilt


Rhona Thomson, one of my former Loch Lomond sashiko students and now attending the same City and Guilds patchwork diploma course as me, brought her version of my Fanoe quilt along to our Sunday class.  She has used Hungarian Kekfesto cotton prints from Gilly Thomson as a change from the red and white I used for my original version, but there is still a variety of blues and whites in the patchwork similar to the red Fanoe patchwork.  I asked her to pattern text the downloadable pdf file for me - you can buy the pattern as a download via my website now.  Rhona decided to finish the patchwork without the border but I don't know if she's going to use a white or blue binding.

I love the effect of the Kekfesto cottons for this patchwork and somewhere I have a little collection of these gorgeous prints that might just make their way into my own version of this, although I also have fabric set aside for a red and cream remake...

No comments: