Monday 4 April 2016

Super Strips in Spring Colours


Sue Jennings sent me some photos of her Super Strips quilt now it is quilted.   She showed me the top a couple of weeks ago, which she made from my pattern in Today's Quilter magazine.  She wrote -

Over the weekend I finished quilting my Spring Colours quilt. The pattern was in Issue 6 of Today's Quilter and was designed by Susan Briscoe. It was quick and great fun to make. My old Bernina 1008 deserves a rest for a few days. The quilting took a good 10 hours - mainly because every seam was stitched in the ditch. It is now hanging on my sitting room wall. It really cheers the room up. Happy quilting, all!

I did use my Westalee ruler foot and a straight ruler...it made the triangles very quick to do. I stitched every seam in the ditch - time consuming, but I think it was worth it.


No comments: