Wednesday 27 July 2016

Today's Quilter Sashiko Special supplement


The next issue of Today's Quilter magazine will feature a sashiko special with my designs, and they will be displaying my sampler from 'The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook' on their stand at Festival of Quilts.  The sampler went off on its travels yesterday.  The photo above shows it at the Loch Lomond Quilt Show in 2014.


This is the quilt at Yuza Sashiko Guild's exhibition at the Sanno Club in Sakata in September 2014.


It has been to a few exhibitions over the last decade, including Region 13's exhibition at The Boat Museum, Ellesmere Port, in 2005 -


And the Region 13 exhibition at Quilters' Guild's Llandudno AGM the same year.  I also use it a lot when I'm teaching, so you may have seen it at a workshop.  It is quite a large and very heavy quilt, so I haven't taken it on European teaching trips yet.


No comments: