Friday 30 September 2016

Sashiko courses in Perth and Stockton-on-Tees



The next sashiko course at Edinburgh patchwork will be starting on 8th October and it has been fully booked for a while now. 

I will be running another course in Scotland starting quite soon - at The Peacock and the Tortoise in Perth.  I've been teaching introductory sashiko day workshops there for a few years and it is great to have the opportunity to run the course quite close to home.  It will be on Thursdays, with the following dates -  2nd, 16th, 30th March; 13th, 27th April; 25th May; 8th and 15th June.  Some of the classes are slightly closer together than usual, as they have patchwork classes using their workroom on the alternate weeks.  Booking will be via the shop.  If you can't wait for that course to begin and would like a head start, I am also doing an Introduction to Shonai Sashiko one day course on Friday 21st October, at the same shop.

I've been visiting my mum quite a lot over the summer and have come up with a plan to teach my sashiko course in Stockton-on-Tees next year.  I have found a great venue - All Saints Church, in Hartburn, Stockton-on-Tees, which is just off the A66.  It used to be the village school and is a well lit space, just right for a hand sewing group.  My plan is to run the class on a weekday, possibly a Tuesday, and at roughly one month intervals, with a break for Christmas and New Year, starting in mid September. I will be handling all the bookings for that, so if you are interested, please e mail through my website.

The gorgeous sampler at the top of this post was stitched by Hazel Clark, who came to the course I taught at Kaleidoscope earlier this year.  We will run the course again there sometime in the future, but we need to discuss possible dates first.

Plus, there will be a chance to see sashiko samplers made by students on all four of my longer courses so far, at the Spring Quilt Festivals with Grosvenor Shows around the UK, starting at Ardingly in January and finishing at Exeter in April.

No comments: