Tuesday 9 May 2017

Our trip to Kent and the South East of England - photos


We started our trip to Kent with an outing to see Hartley Morris Men dancing at The Windmill at Weald last week.  Glyn joined in for the public dance at the end, Bonny Green Garters (Bampton) -



We stopped briefly in Steyning on our way to set up for World Textile Day at Wickham, which is where I spotted the wonderfully sabi side of this old building -



At World Textile Day.  I have packed some kits for the Fanoe quilt (behind Glyn in the photo) now I've got lots of vintage blue and white yukata cottons in stock.


A rare quiet moment at WTD, during the morning lecture.


Our theme this year is 'Colour', so I showed a furisode karinui (tacked fabric) and a man's dance yukata.



Here's Glyn at Toad Rock near Tunbridge Wells on Sunday.  It is kind of traditional for us to have a family photo here.  There's a photo of my mum at the rock about 60 years ago.




On our way over to New Milton yesterday, we had to stop off at Arundel and have a short exploration.  The town looks so lovely when seen from the A27, with the cathedral and castle looking majestic and fascinating.  The rest of the town didn't disappoint, with lots of antique shops and galleries, and an interesting bath shop (closed on Monday - probably just as well!)



I spotted this lovely Japanese Imari ceramic cat, about 13in (33cm) long, so he's coming home with us.




After a fun evening with New Forest Quilters showing them (some of!) my UFOs, we had an Introduction to Shonai Sashiko workshop today, and they all have a few extra UFOs now.  Tomorrow's sashiko workshop is with Chichester quilters, so I'll get some photos from that too.


We saw this amazing orange washing machine and tumble drier as we were leaving New Milton.  If I was going to be looking at a machine in my workroom, I'd want one of these...


They would go only too well with my Frister Rossman Cub 3!


No comments: