Thursday 13 November 2008

Super Strips Quilt Top workshop - 7th December

In the summer, I promised I'd run this again in the autumn. Sorry it has got so late, but I've been really busy with book work and moving into the new workroom!

I've managed to book the (very popular) Green Room at Gresford Memorial Hall, near Wrexham, for Sunday 7th December. The workshop will run from 10a.m. - 4p.m. £25 per person. Please contact me direct via my website to book (link at top right of my blog).

See my earlier post for photos of the August workshop. There were some beautiful tops made!

Here's the info on the patchwork -

Make a dramatic quilt centre from 11/2in strips (21 – 22in long), can also be made from a Moda Jelly Roll. Machine sewing & rotary cutting. This quilt is based very loosely on the "Hearts and Crosses" coverlet in the collection of the Quilters' Guild of the British Isles.The first photo below shows the completed quilt top (you'll be getting instructions on how to make the border too) -

This composite image, from the workshop poster, shows what you'll make on the day (the section in the pink diamond) - the other parts of the quilt top, to finish at home, are made from 16in long strips (instructions will be provided). Or you could just leave it at the centre and make a wallhanging or cot quilt. These really are my scraps, what's leftover when I cut all those "99 Treasures" packs!


No comments: