Sunday 17 May 2009

More from Malvern


Quilts UK is over for another year. I haven't downloaded many photos yet, but will add some over the next few days. I met several quilters who'd made quilts using blocks from "Japanese Quilt Blocks to Mix and Match" and they gave me permission to show their quilts here, so I'll add photos of those soon. The photo above was sent to me by Angelika from the BQL group, who met at my stand every day. I was being interviewed by Jennie Rayment for Justhands-on.tv - "the UK's first on-line TV website devoted to patchwork, quilting and mixed media textile arts". She was recording a whole feature about Quilts UK. Jennie is one of the characters of the quilting world and I found it hard to keep a straight face during the interview, as she can easily have you in stitches (in all senses of the expression).

Today we had the presentations for the awards, so I came home with two perpetual trophies (Sampler Quilt and Piecing awards), plus the prize for the Kona Bay Challenge. The show was busy even on Sunday afternoon, so I left the presentation once I'd collected my awards and (hopefully) one of my friends has taken photos of the other prizewinners - I'll find out when I download the photos tomorrow!

No comments: