Saturday 1 August 2009

Kimono talk for the Guild of Silk Painters

Last night I was at a college near Stafford for a special talk for the Guild of Silk Painters at their summer weekend event. It was a great opportunity to get out some of the gems of my kimono collection that show particularly interesting or high quality features of different silk painting and dyeing techniques. To judge by the number of cameras snapping away in the audience, there will be lots of inspiration for creative new projects after this evening! Some of these kimono and karinui will be appearing in the "Landscape on Kimono" exhibition with opens on Friday next week.

At the end of the talk, I set up a little fashion parade of haori jackets showing different designs and painting/dyeing techniques.

If anyone who was there would like to send me photos, I'll add a few more! I would love to see what pieces are made this weekend too.

No comments: