Saturday 1 August 2009

Sally's "Japanese Quilt Blocks" quilts


Sally Westcott from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, has made this absolutely gorgeous quilt from blocks in my "Japanese Quilt Blocks to Mix and Match" book. Click the photo to go to Sally's blog entry all about it.

A fellow sashiko fan, this isn't the only project where Sally has used designs from JQB. Here's two of the kamon crest sashiko blocks and a few more, including designs from "Japanese Sashiko Inspirations - the wonderful seashell design isn't mine - I'm guessing it must be an original.

Her blog header photo of a rainbow over Hobart is pretty impressive too! Thanks for contacting me Sally and giving me permission to include a photo of your quilt here. (The "bubble shooter" game widget was also on Sally's site - it was so much fun, I've imported the widget at the bottom of this page too!)

EDIT - I've added her website to the list at the right. Have a look at the lovely wallhanging she made using hitomezashi stitches and monoprints!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Susan, Thank you so much for the lovely comments!

The shell block isn't original - I found it ages ago but I can't remember where. The turtle on "Sam's Japanese Quilt" is original and As I said, I working on a water lilly

Hugz

Sally