Wednesday 19 May 2010

Andrea's "Sakura" quilt




Andrea Bride from Australia wrote -

I am a big fan of your books and have used some of the blocks out of "Japanese Quilt Blocks to mix and match" in a quilt... It is 180cm square, which is not what I originally intended. I was going to make it smaller, but I got hooked on Sashiko and Japanese designs.

Below is the link to the quilt exhibition (QuiltWest) I have entered the quilt in:
http://www.craftfair.com.au/Perth2010/app/pages/view/quiltwest_2010/

It runs from Thurs 20 - Sunday 23 May.

Here is a detail of her beautiful quilt (some of the blocks are from other sources) -


If anyone is visiting the show, look out for this quilt! I hope it is a big success for you Andrea - you deserve it. I'm sure Doug Eagleson at Kona Bay Fabrics will love how you used the central panel, one of the fabrics designed by Nobu Fujiyama (the same one I used for some of the dancer figures in my "Butterfly Dance" quilt last year).

No comments: