Monday 31 May 2010

Quilt exhibition, Monifieth

Sandra in Broughty Ferry sent me some postcard images after seeing my "Postcards from the Exhibition" quilt. Her grandad sent a lot of cards from various parts of the far east in the early C20th. The scan above shows one of them - I have the same card in my collection. Strange coincidence!

She mentioned that she's too busy at the moment to start her own postcard project, as she is preparing work for the following exhibition -

'Along the Shore' an exhibition of quilts and other textiles, Friday 4th June and Sat 5th June 10am to 4pm £2 Admission, to include refreshments. Sales table and raffle.

Holy Trinity Scottish Episcopal Church,
High St,
Monifieth,
Angus,
Scotland,
DD5 4AB

Contact hychalkley@ googlemail.com for more information.

2 comments:

Queenbeequilter said...

Am popping up to Monifieth on Saturday to see the show - there is a lovely fabric shop in Broughty Ferry too :)

Queenbeequilter said...

Hi Susan - the Monifieth ladies are possibly one of the nicest groups I have visited (apart from my own group) they were so friendly - it was a fantastic show - very high standard of work and the quilters were all about chatting to people about the work on display. I met Sandra too and saw her Sashiko pieces - really lovely. Of course I managed a wee trip to The Sewing Station. Got some nice Taupe striped material - wonder what I might need that for??? Hope Hungary went well - look foward to reading about it.