Tuesday 6 July 2010

Quilt pictures roundup

Every so often, I get an e mail from a quilter who has completed a piece from one of my workshops or has made a quilt working from a book or magazine. Sometimes I spot a quilt at a show too - this is from the National Quilt Championships at Sandown Park a few weeks ago. Jean Phillips used two of the blocks from "Japanese Quilt Blocks to Mix and Match" to create this wonderfully elegant, contemporary and rather minimalist quilt. I can just imagine it in a very modern interior.



Maureen Dow came to my Recycled Curves workshop with Alva Divas in April 2010. Here is her finished panel.


She also used "Japanese Quilt Blocks" as the source for this almost-a-sampler quilt. The natural colours were her daughter's choice. It includes the same good fortune block used in the quilt above.


Doreen Williamson used the same book as the source for this applique tea cosy - with "Noshi" and "Matsu" (pine) motifs, which represent increase and long life.


On a recent trip to London, I spotted this medieval figure on the murals at Charing Cross tube station - reminded me of quilters measuring pieces!

No comments: