Wednesday 25 August 2010

Journal quilts made with my recycled fabrics.

I sell recycled Japanese cottons (from old futon covers, kimono linings etc.) at some of the shows. These are pieces Rebecca Ball has been making with some of it -


Rebecca writes -

...as promised I have attached a few photos of the monthly journal quilts I have been making with your fabric - these are small 7" x 10" .Three are going to be on display at Creative Stitches show in Exeter in September. Now I have more of this fabric I am hoping to complete a bigger piece this year. Really love your stand and all the fantastic fabrics.

Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts - Exeter 23-26 September 2010
Lots of journal quilts will be on display on the Contemporary Quilt stand, which is a group within the Quilters Guild - details here plus info about the journal quilts project
The theme I chose for the journal quilts I'm making this year is journeys, representing travelling through the year month by month, both physically, in the imagination and by using fabric that has travelled further than me.

I have used Recycled Japanese fabric, found map, thread and wadding, machine stitched.

These are great - I look forward to seeing a larger piece sometime! Thanks for the photos.

No comments: