Thursday 26 August 2010

My New Show Sign


I got a lot of compliments about the new signage letters at Festival of Quilts but I can't claim credit for making them. My cousin Anne at Stuck on You Designs did the decoupage, using lots of pieces of Japanese chiyogami paper I had been hoarding. These papers were ones I was given when I lived in Japan, so I'd had them quite a while, and many were small rectangles. A bit smaller than sizes I could think of using for paper boxes or miniatures decorating. Anne took some of her inspiration from Crazy patchwork and Japanese textiles to do these letters, highlighting the paper collage with gold leaf. I stuck them up at Festival with Velcro - just need to make a velour or wool panel for other shows. You can see more of Anne's commission work here.

No comments: