Friday 13 August 2010

Montgomeryshire Spinners, Weavers & Dyers - tomorrow!

Montgomeryshire SW&D are having their Friendship Day TOMORROW, at Forden Community Centre, a short hop from Welshpool. All the info is here - just click the link. Map on their homepage.

I'm attending with a kind of preview of the Festival of Quilts stand - Japanese fabrics, some vintage kimono and other textiley goodies - and I'm not the only trader. If you are interested in a different kind of textile day from the usual quilting things, drop them a line re attending. As far as I know, it isn't a guild members only kind of event. We open at 10.30.

I was originally asked to do a talk, but I just can't fit in a talk and all the sales stuff, but I'll be doing plenty of informal chatting about Japanese fabrics, sashiko etc.!

UPDATE - had a lovely day, met lots of interesting textile people, and enjoyed the therapeutic view of over a dozen spinning wheels in use at once!

No comments: