Tuesday 1 February 2011

Denman sashiko course and a new project


Here's a couple of photos from the current sashiko course at Denman College, with everyone absorbed in their work. Over several days, the students have a chance to learn how to mark and stitch both hitomezashi (one stitch sashiko) and moyouzashi (pattern sashiko) designs, as well as other motifs like some traditional kamon (Japanese family crests) and fan designs. If you would like to take a similar course soon, I am teaching this one again in April 2011 at The Royal Hotel, Bridlington (check the What's On page on their website for more information).


I'll post photos of their work tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've made a tracing from one of my paintings which I plan to develop into a new piece of pictorial sashiko.

No comments: