Sunday 8 May 2011

Back home from Sussex and Oxfordshire

There's just a week to go till Quilts UK at Malvern and I have a sampler cot quilt to finish for Monday week - made with the blocks on the cover of '130 Little Quilt Blocks' ('130 Mini Quilt Blocks' for readers in the USA and Australia).

Last week I taught two workshops - 'Sashiko kinchaku bag' for Ridgeway Quilters, near Oxford, and 'Recycled Curves' at East Grinstead. Once I have some photos of finished items from the groups, I'll post them. Some beautiful pieces made in both workshops, but I have only one photo from Ridgeway and forgot to take the camera to the East Grinstead class! - but they are meeting on Monday, so I'm hoping Jennie will take some photos of the 'Recycled Curves' progress then. There were some super choices for the main fabrics and several quilters included metallic weaves (sparkle organza etc.) in the layers, so these will be rather special once quilted and washed to fluff up the raw edge applique. No doubt I'll see members of both quilt groups at the National Quilt Championships at Sandown Park, Surrey, in June, so I'm looking forward to seeing some finished pieces then.

No comments: