Tuesday 13 December 2011

Sew Caring Quilters workshop & exhibition


I was on Teesside last week, where Sew Caring Quilters at Redcar made 'Japanese Circles and Squares' for their workshop on Tuesday and had their annual exhibition on Saturday (photo of a corner of it above). I didn't get many photos in the workshop or the exhibition, where I was busy demoing, but I don't think I've done a workshop where it was also one of the quilter's birthdays, and a special one at that.


Betty had a lovely fabric selection for her quilt, including a lot of hand dyed South African fabrics, and chose a circle pattern print for her applique circles.


Helen and her mum Margaret were working with the same fabric selection and are going to combine the blocks into a larger quilt.


Another subtle fabric set, with many neutral colours and several plaids (I love plaids in this design).


Looking forward to some photos of the finished quilts!

No comments: