Friday 10 February 2012

Quiltfest today


Today was probably the busiest day so far - Ferret has already blogged about it, so I will just cheat and add a link here.

I would like to give a special mention to these gorgous little pieces though. Ferret has been quilting these A4 panels as demos on the longarm and they are all for sale as souvenirs of Quiltfest and (very affordable) small pieces of her work - just the right size for popping into a picture mount and frame. The multicoloured feathers (detail above) has come home with me, as my Quiltfest souvenir.



It reminds me very much of the centre of Leather Star, one of my favourites - so subtle, and I love the tactile quality of the quilting against the leather - even though the rainbow feathers are really much more freely quilted.


Today she had some stunning panels on the go, like miniature versions of parts of her Greek Fossils quilt, including the minute pebble stitching. I don't have pics of these, but this is a detail of Greek Fossils, so you can get an idea of how the quilting looks.


We have a workshop with her at Gresford tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes there - it is her Wholecloth workshop, so there will be some very interesting results and lots of fun making them.

1 comment:

Elena said...

Wonderful works!