Thursday 15 March 2012

World Textile Day in Llanidloes



Just a reminder that it will be World Textile Day in Llanidloes on Saturday! Click here for all the info.

I have lots of kimono for sale this time... plus the usual fabrics...


I'm putting up a little exhibition of some of my older sashiko pieces and some of my own work. I will be including items like this C19th work coat from Tohoku and a very worn and patched kotatsu table cover from Fukushima.

Detail of the kotatsugake -



At 2.30p.m., I'm giving a talk and demo on sashiko. This will be different from my usual 'Sashiko and Japanese Country Textiles' talk, as I will be demonstrating how to mark a selection of the more popular sashiko patterns on a large scale - so you can see well from the back! I'm planning to showcase asanoha (hemp leaf), shippo (seven treasures) and fundo (balance weights), plus nowaki ('grasses') and seigaiha (ocean wave).

No comments: