Tuesday 8 January 2013

More quilts for Quiltfest - the '& Friends' part



The '& Friends' part on the Quiltfest exhibition title means just that - I will be showing quilts made by some of my quilting friends, either from my patterns, books or in my workshops as part of the exhibition at the Pavilion gallery.  Debbie Gordon's version of 'Masu' (above) is one that I have already confirmed, but I'm looking for a few more.  So if you have a quilt you could lend and you're close enough to Wrexham or nearby us in Perthshire for us to collect and return quilts*, please contact me with a photo of your quilt - best to use the e mail address on my website.  * I would rather collect & return quilts than post them, a) because of security in the post, b) because Quiltfest operates on a very tiny budget!

I will be showing a lot of quilts that haven't been seen very much, plus (I hope!) a few new pieces. Please bear in mind that there is a height restriction in the gallery and it will be difficult to show works that are over 72ins long due to the height of the gallery wall panels.  Smaller sashiko pieces are also welcome.  In addition to the wall space, we will also have a bed and some quilt stands to use for display (the miniatures by the Threadbear group will be in the display cases).

No comments: