Monday 18 February 2013

Forthcoming events in February and March


I will continue to post focusing on various parts of my Quiltfest exhibition, but here are some updates for the next few weeks.

I'll be at the Spring Quilt Festival at Edinburgh next Friday, Saturday and Sunday - 22nd - 24th Feb.  My workshop this year shows you how to make some of the classic Shonai and Yuza sashiko patterns curve around in circles for a contemporary look.  Click the link for more info. Remember, the workshops are booked on the day and are strictly first come, first served, so you need to be prompt!

On Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd March, I'm teaching at Seattle Quilt Company in Aberdeen (they're in the Berryden Retail Park, next to Sainsburys - so easy to find!)  The workshops are 'Introduction to Shonai Sashiko' and 'Sashiko Kinchaku Bag' - click here for their workshop list.

Saturday 9th March sees me a bit closer to home, with Region 16 of the Quilters' Guild of the British Isles, who are having their Regional Day at Glenear Community Campus in Perth.  Details are here.  It looks like the whole day will be very much on a travelling theme, as the other speaker is Gillian Travis with 'Journeys in Stitch'.  My talk will be 'My Japanese Quilt Inspirations'.

The following weekend I am back in Wales for World Textile Day at Llanidloes on  Saturday 16th March.  I'm planning to exhibit some of the Japanese sashiko quilts that will be displayed at Quiltfest at Llangollen Museum from next Thursday.  This year's theme is 'The People Behind the Cloth', and I think the 'Dream of Shonai' quilts fit the bill perfectly.  So if you can't get over to Llangollen to see them, why not catch up at World Textile Day?  This will be the final time these quilts are shown before they are sent back to Japan.

Tuesday 19th March I'm in Glasgow for an evening talk with the Glasgow Gathering of Quilters.  Once again, the talk will be 'My Japanese Quilt Inspirations', although I'll give it a slightly different twist so it won't be quite the same for anyone who has already seen it in Perth :-)

The following Saturday, 23rd March, I will be with Poppydown Quilters for the Quilt Day in Royal Wooton Bassett.  I can't find a website for them but there are contact details on the Quilter's Guild's site here.  Again, the talk will be 'My Japanese Quilt Inspirations'.

The Quilters' Guild of the British Isles are just about to go live with their new website shortly, so you may find links to their site pages are broken in the near future.  However, you should be able to search the new site for the same information.


No comments: