Friday 7 November 2014

Painting expo in Luxembourg - recommended!


My friend Jean-Marc Lantz has an exhibition of his paintings in Luxembourg this weekend.  He writes -

My friend Marc May and I had our first exhibition in 99, so this is our 15th anniversary. He hasn’t done anything for 10 years, so there’s a good deal of excitement and apprehension. But it’s here in my town again, 100 yards from where I live, so I’m relatively familiar with the place, the same as in 2011.


The gallery location sounds beautiful - and very local.

The gallery in the local castle (more like a big old mansion cum manor farm type thing & town hall with cobbled interior yard) is small but nice & well-equipped and has a good atmosphere. It’s set in a large park, of course the former aristocrats’ / landed gentry's / fat cat industrialists’ garden. Marc and I have already had a few exhibs there. Moving there & building a house in the same street was a lucky coincidence !



Unfortunately the exhibition’s only until Tuesday!

Friday 7/11 - Tuesday 11/11 open from 3 to 7 p.m. - Saturday & Sunday from 2 to 7 p.m.
Château de Bettembourg
Rue du Château
Bettembourg
Luxembourg







I exhibited in Luxembourg with Jean-Marc back in 1990, when I was still painting - there's a couple of previous blog posts about that exhibition here and here.






Hope the exhibition goes well.  It seems quite a few paintings were sold by both artists on the opening night, but I expect these will be collected when the show closes, so all the above should be on display.  So many of Jean-Marc's paintings remind me of quilts!

No comments: