Friday 9 January 2015

The latest on Digital VAT

There is a campaign to get changes to the new digital VAT charge regulations that came in on January 1st 2015.  For all the latest info, see this link to the EU VAT Action blog.

As more 'guidance' from HMRC is announced, the whole thing gets more and more impossibly complicated.  I keep tweaking the information on my website pattern page, but I won't be launching any patterns until things are a bit clearer.

Right now, the requirement in the UK and some but not all other EU countries to show the sale price inclusive of VAT at all times is proving a nightmare.  I do not want to have to charge everyone the same total price, if sales to some countries like Hungary have high VAT levels (27%) while others (UK and non EU) will have zero. 

I will be watching things closely to see how this works out.

No comments: