Sunday 29 March 2015

Summerhouse front wall


Glyn dodged the showers today to almost finish the shingles at the top of the front wall.  Like the back, each one has to be trimmed to fit - around the door architrave and under the eaves trim.  The weather hasn't been good this weekend and he has been alternately dodging the rain, hail and gales.


The branch hooked over the edge of the roofing panel on the left in the photo was to stop it lifting in yesterday's high winds.  He finished the shingles above the door, but I haven't got a photo of it yet. 

I have been preparing for my week's travels in England.  On Tuesday night, I am speaking at Deepdale Community Centre, Boston Spa, near Wetherby, and on Wednesday night I'll be at Brampton Memorial Centre, Huntingdon, with Cromwell Quilters for another talk.  I'm teaching a sashiko workshop at Cromwell Quilters on Thursday.  On Friday and Saturday, I've got a two day sashiko course at Tudor Rose near Bedford, and I'm in Northampton the following Tuesday night, for another talk for Hamtune Quilters, at Parklands Community Centre, Northampton.  On Saturday 11th April, we are at World Textile Day at Frodsham.  As you can imagine, packing three slightly different talks and several workshops is quite time consuming, including printing out all the worksheets and making sure that each class has enough threads and materials available, plus getting fabrics for sale ready for World Textile Day - it has taken me all day.  That's not an unusual day for a quilting tutor in between workshops.

No comments: