Thursday 13 August 2015

Christine's Masu quilt


Christine Linton sent me a photo of her batik version of 'Masu' from 'Japanese Quilt Inspirations' - this is the version with the 2 1/2in strip width, so it is ideal for jelly rolls.  She writes -

Here is the quilt I made from your pattern, Susan - just a little bit smaller. I used a roll of Moda Aurora Batiks. No chance to get better photos, as it was finished at dawn in a tent in Switzerland, ready to give to a young friend who was travelling with us for his 19th birthday! These were taken later in the day at the Oeschinensee, a glacier lake high above the Kander valley. I think the quilt will see service around many a campfire and on many a student Megabus journey!  James is a very flamboyant young man - it's easy to tell that he's a drama student.


This has to be one of the best location photos I've seen of one of my quilt patterns!  Glad he likes the quilt.  The purple border really sets of the colourful batiks so well.

This isn't the first quilt Christine has made from my book - she sent me photos of her version of 'Furoshiki' too.  I wonder what she will make next? Thanks very much for the photos.

No comments: