Monday 17 August 2015

Sashiko demo next Saturday at Kaleidoscope


I will be doing a sashiko demonstration at Kaleidoscope books at Milngavie on Saturday, from 11.30, to promote the Yuza and Shonai Sashiko course I'll be running there monthly from October. We still have a handful of places on the course at Kaleidoscope, because we are now running it on Wednesdays as well as Thursdays - Thursday only was over subscribed! We need to have one date change too, from 27th & 28th January to the following week (3rd and 4th February), as it looks like I will be going to Japan in January, taking a tour to the Tokyo Dome for the quilt show with Arena Travel - more about that coming soon!

Places for the course (either day) at Kaleidoscope need to be booked direct with Susan at Kaleidoscope and will cost £45 per class.  There are 8 classes in total on the course. www.kalquilts.com

I will be bringing fabric and sashiko fabric and thread with me for the course students to buy in advance of us starting, but if you are already signed up but can't make it, please let me know and I can arrange to send the fabric out to you.  The idea is that you can then cut out the pieces for the course and overlock or zigzag the edges, to stop them fraying but also so everyone can identify their samples easily in class (the overlocking thread can be any colour, because it will disappear into the seam allowances when the sashiko samples are sewn together at the end of the course).  The photo above shows samples made by one of the students on the 2014 - 2015 Loch Lomond sashiko course - sorry, I can't remember who made these!

I have just one place left for the course at Edinburgh Patchwork, and for that course I am taking the bookings and organising the course myself.

No comments: