Wednesday 17 February 2016

A frame quilt inspiration


Jill Humphreys sent me this photo today and said it was OK to share it here.  She wrote -

In issue 3 of Today's Quilter I was fascinated by the supplement on Frame quilts and loved the version you created called Cinnabar & Nutmeg. I was inspired to have a go myself and finished the top today. I just want to thank you, mine is different but you can see where I've borrowed your ideas. If I say it's all your fault I did this then please accept it as the compliment I intend!

Jill has taken various frames and made a different arrangement.  The fabrics she has used have added an interesting dimension - it looks like there is a floral stripe in there, which has made the rectangles in the wedge border darker at one end than the other.  I'm also amazed at how quickly she has made it!  I look forward to seeing how she quilts it and perhaps seeing the quilt in real life sometime, if she can be persuaded to enter it into one of the national shows...

Just to remind you, this is the original Cinnabar and Nutmeg, which took a bit longer to piece.  The frame format lends itself to adapting to different arrangements, which is one of the things I love about frame quilts.


No comments: