Wednesday 17 February 2016

The Spring Quilt Festival at Edinburgh next weekend



I'll be at the Spring Quilt Festival in Edinburgh at the weekend or, more accurately, my fabrics will be.  It clashes with the City and Guilds Diploma I'm doing with Gillian Cooper, so on Saturday and Sunday, I won't be at the show.  So instead of having a demo stand, we have got a trading stand and will be taking a great selection of Japanese fabrics for sale - something like the right hand half of the stand in the photo above.  My sashiko-mad friend Fiona will be helping us out every day.  I'll be there on Friday (and teaching a one hour sashiko workshop - a Celtic maze in sashiko) and Glyn and Fiona will be looking after the sales on Saturday and Sunday.  Our stall will be half way down the hall, on the cafe side, immediately facing the quilts - 48B.  We have some wonderful new stripes for you, including a 'rainbow stripe' cotton tsumugi - perfect for a quilt border I think.



No comments: