Friday 5 February 2016

Sashiko courses in Scotland


The students from the two sashiko courses I have been running this year have been producing some great work.  I have been a bit too good at forgetting to take my camera, so I don't have many photos yet.  Here are just a few.  I'm sure Maureen from the group that meets at Kaleidoscope's shop at Milngavie won't mind me using a pic of her gorgeous samples first - I love that circles block! 

This is a view of the large workroom at Kaleidoscope.



At our most recent session, I started the group on some slightly different sashiko - pictorial designs (everyone is making a noshi design in sashiko) and fans.  Previous sessions have focussed on hitomezashi (one stitch sashiko) and we will be returning to that later on the course.


These pieces will be made into samplers later.


Just so the group I teach at Edinburgh Patchwork don't feel left out, here are a few photos from one of our earlier sessions.




I am thinking about running courses at both shops again next year.  If you are interested, please let me know - I can be contacted via my website www.susanbriscoe.co.uk

No comments: