Bob sent me some photos he took at World Textile Day at Saltford, Bristol, last Saturday. We had a great day, met some lovely people and had a lot of fun (as we always do at these days).
My stand looked nice and colourful with so many chusen yukata fabrics there.
Andrew from The Nomad's Tent made use of the cupboard doors in the foyer to create a magical entrance to the show, with carpets everywhere. We couldn't have fitted one in the car on the way back, even after selling a lot of fabric, as the packing boxes still take up space, but I'd like to visit his shop in Edinburgh for something special.
We'll be back next year - all the dates for the 2018 World Textile Days are already on the website. I'll be at every one apart from the South East of England event, and I'm giving the talk at Llanidloes - all about how sashiko is passed down from hand to hand.
- 17 March 2018 - Wales - Llanidloes
- 14 April 2018 - South East of England - East Horsley, Surrey NEW VENUE
- 2 June 2018 - Central England - King's Sutton, Oxfordshire
- 16 June 2018 - Scotland - Bridge of Allan
- 8 September 2018 - East of England - Mundford, Norfolk
- 29 September 2018 - North of England - Frodsham, Cheshire
- 6 October 2018 - West of England - Saltford, Bristol