Wednesday 12 September 2018

New sashiko courses starting soon!


The next sashiko course in Stockton-on-Tees starts on Saturday 15th September, and the one in Edinburgh (now running as four Saturday and Sunday weekends) starts on 22nd September.  There's all the info links you need on my homepage www.susanbriscoe.com

The photo above shows some of the quilts made by my students from Edinburgh - Lorraine, Sam, Jo and Pamela (Fiona's is just out of shot on the right) when they were exhibited with Yuza Sashiko Guild's work at their exhibition in Yamagata city in May. This is the second time student samplers have gone to Japan.  As well as this exhibition, student quilts have been shown as part of the World Shibori Symposium in Yamagata and at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, so it is a chance to get your sashiko seen internationally.

I've been very busy over the last month, with Yuza Sashiko Guild members visiting the UK for the Great Northern Quilt Show and World Textile Day East.  I have photos and will post them as soon as possible, but I have so much to do this week, with the new classes starting and a book deadline coming up as well...

If you would like to join us for either class, I have a few places left for each one - contact details are on my website.

UPDATE - I have had to cancel the Edinburgh dates, as I had a couple of student cancellations, which means that the room rental would not be covered.  However, I am looking at running a 'reunion' session for former sashiko students (from any of my courses - Edinburgh, Perth, Kaleidoscope or Loch Lomond) at Edinburgh Patchwork instead, but I would need to know how many are likely to attend asap. This would be an informal session, with one to one help with any current sashiko projects you have, and I'd probably add a new pattern design for the group. It could be on 23rd September, 24th November or 1st December - all Saturdays - but I would need to know likely numbers (and take payment for the day) asap.

No comments: