Monday 5 November 2018

Edinburgh - sashiko get together



Date - Saturday 24th November

Place - Edinburgh Patchwork

Time - 10.30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Event - Sashiko get together - a catch up class for my former students (from all my sashiko courses).

I’m hoping to get together former students from my various sashiko courses for the day.  The idea is to bring any current sashiko projects you are working on (or have finished since the course) and I will be teaching some NEW patterns from Yuza Sashiko’s latest book, which are larger moyouzashi patterns from Hokusai’s pattern book, Shingata Komoncho.  Materials and equipment - bring your basic sashiko kit, plus any sashiko materials you have, and an A3 cutting mat (I will bring some of mine you can use).  We will be working on larger pieces of fabric, 9in square minimum, or go up to cushion panel size.  I have threads and fabrics if you need any more, plus refills for the pens.



The sampler in the photo above is Jo Maguire's.

Day costs £40 (I have to rent the room and get there!)

Drop me a line if you can make it.  As usual, there’s only space for 10 people.

I’m also running a boro day on Saturday 1st December and doing my sashiko Rice Sack Bag Revisited in two sessions - 15th December and 5th January. Details here - http://www.susanbriscoe.com/forthcoming-events  I have the metal zips for the Rice Sack Bag Revisited (blue tapes only) for £3.50 for the pair (20cm & 30cm) and a choice of fabrics (either the same or similar to the one I used) to go with the sashiko fabric.

Maybe you already know that Edinburgh Patchwork will be closing at the end of January 2019, when the lease expires.  They are going to have a closing down sale in January.  But for students attending my classes, there will be a 20% discount in store on the workshop days, in advance of the main closing sale.

No comments: