Monday 6 June 2011

Sashiko in Scotland - last workshops at Linlithgow


Saturday and Sunday were the last two workshops of the current Scotland tour. Both were at Purely Patchwork, Linlithgow, where I've taught before. They have a well-appointed classroom up a few steps at the back of the shop, conveniently close for anything extra you might need. As usual when I teach there, I couldn't resist some fabric - this time, the Stonehenge panel by Northcott, plus a couple of the coordinates. When I saw it in the window, I didn't believe something that looked so good could be a panel! Last time I was there, I got eight of the other stone effect fabrics to make a new workshop sample for the Japanese Circles and Squares workshop, one of the classes I taught this time. They have produced a kit using the panels.


The first workshop was 'Sashiko for Summer' - I have a few photos, but as my main laptop is away for repairs, I won't be uploading them just yet.

We are already talking about next year's workshops and I am hoping to replicate the 'tour' in May/June 2012, so if you belong to a group in Scotland and the Borders area, please contact me. For Purely Patchwork, we are thinking about a workshop based on my 'Time and Again' quilt, which uses 2 1/2in fabric strips (so use a batik strip cut or cut your own strips) and also the 'Sensu' fans strippy quilt from the new 'Japanese Quilt Inspirations', which features a very easy design in freezer paper applique, done by machine.


Many thanks to all my hosts who made this tour so much fun to do. The travelling around from place to place has been a real pleasure as well, with fabulous landscapes. The colours and shapes have made a big impression, especially the lush greens on my drive over to Skye. I've had a wonderful time and it was really hard to leave Scotland!

No comments: