Wednesday 7 September 2011

Great Northern Quilt Show - Best in Show


Just a quick post, as I am getting ready to drive to Bristol for Crafts For All, which starts tomorrow. This is partly for Ferret, who has blogged about this gorgeous sampler quilt - 'Overleaf' by Susie Corke. Like Ferret, I was also wowed by the quilt at Sandown Park and have pretty much the same opinion of it! Read Ferret's blog post for more info.


The photos with the blue winning ribbons are from the Great Northern Quilt Show and those with the purple ribbons are from the National Quilt Championships at Sandown Park. I am a bit annoyed with myself that the Harrogate photos aren't quite as sharply focussed as I would like to really show off the hand quilting, which was beautiful.


I can't find Susie's website, if she has one, so if anyone knows of a site or blog, please let me know and I'll add the link. I read somewhere that she teaches, so you may be interested in workshops.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

This quilt just took my breath away.