Tuesday 10 April 2012

Japanese Taupe Quilt Blocks eye candy


When I saw Liz Dukes at the Edinburgh Spring Quilt Festival in February, she mentioned that her class have been making the shoulder bag project from my 'Japanese Taupe Quilt Blocks' book. The bag can use any of the blocks in the book, so every one will be unique. She sent me these super photos showing finished bags and blocks in progress. Sorry it has taken me a while to catch up on my blog postings, but I hope the ladies in the class enjoy seeing their work up here.


Liz wrote -

As promised, here are some photos from our class project.

This is from the Patchwork class at Carrickvale Community Centre in Edinburgh. I am their tutor.

Most of the blocks are not sewn yet so more progress next week. Also some want to make the bag larger than given in the instructions but we should cope with that.

The ladies found it exciting that I was sending photos to you.



Some of the class are making wall hangings, so I hope to be able to show pics of those soon as well. Lovely work and I look forward to seeing more!

No comments: